2017 Grassroots Board Member Election Nominations
RESULTS Grassroots Board Members
April 19, 2017
Would you like to take on a leadership role in governing our RESULTS community? Do you know someone who you think would be a strong voice for guiding our national organization?
We are pleased to announce that we are now accepting nominations for the RESULTS & RESULTS Educational Fund Grassroots Board Member election, which will be held this summer. The two seats currently held by Vanessa Garcia and Cindy Changyit Levin will become vacant in July. This election will fill these seats, so that we continue to have four grassroots volunteers serving on our board. You can nominate someone who you think would be a strong voice representing RESULTS volunteers OR you can even nominate yourself if you want to take a bold new step in your leadership journey. Nominations will close on Sunday, May 28.
Grassroots Board Members play a vital role in the RESULTS family, representing our volunteer network on the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee of the boards of RESULTS and RESULTS Educational Fund. We are seeking nominations of RESULTS activists from both global and U.S. teams who would be strong candidates for these roles.
Grassroots Board Members provide an important bridge between the grassroots network, board, and organization. They help connect the board with what makes RESULTS unique and successful: our passionate and active grassroots members.
The responsibilities of the Board of Directors include:
- Working with the Executive Director in shaping the direction of RESULTS & RESULTS Educational Fund
- Supporting strong fundraising efforts
- Advising the organization on anti-poverty campaigns
- Approving annual budget, operational policies, and strategic plan.
The Executive Committee of the Board is the primary governing body of the organization.
Grassroots Board Members have the following responsibilities:
- Serving a three-year term on the Board and its Executive Committee.
- Leading or serving on at least one Board Committee, e.g. Board Development, Issues, Fundraising, Bylaws or Finance Committees.
- Meeting in person with the full Board twice a year at face-to-face meetings held in Washington, D.C. (financial assistance available for travel costs).
- Participating in Executive Committee meetings by conference call.
- Participating in monthly phone meetings of the Grassroots Board Member committee
- Helping RESULTS & RESULTS Educational Fund reach annual fundraising goals in some capacity. Examples of assistance include hosting a fundraising event, speaking at fundraising events, making personal donations to RESULTS & RESULTS Educational Fund, or identifying prospective donors
- Facilitating the elections of new Grassroots Board Members
We encourage participation from any active RESULTS volunteer. Eligible candidates to be a Grassroots Board Member must have at least one year of active experience as a RESULTS volunteer in the United States.
Nominations of candidates for the open Grassroots Board Member position must reach the RESULTS office by Sunday, May 28th. Candidates can nominate themselves or be nominated by any active RESULTS grassroots member. Please e-mail your nomination to Jesse Marsden at [email protected].
After May 28th, nominees will submit a photo, a brief RESULTS biography, and a statement of intent for their service on the Board by June 11th.
We hope through this nomination process that you can help us identify the great volunteers who will be our leaders. Thank you so much for your participation!
Cynthia Changyit Levin