Jobs and Internships
Assistant, Program Development (part-time)
U.S. Anti-Poverty Campaigns Intern
The Assistant will join the Program Development team at RESULTS Educational Fund. The team’s core responsibility is to increase the impact and reach of the organization and its international network of partners by developing strong and expanded relationships with foundation partners and identifying and cultivating advocacy partners in expansion priority countries for signature programs (e.g. ACTION).
Reporting to the Senior Associate, International Program Development, the Assistant will support the advancement of new partner identification, assist in foundation prospecting, tracking, and stewardship activities, and provide overall administrative support to the team. The Assistant will primarily focus this work to deliver on the strategic aims of the ACTION global health advocacy partnership.
International Partner Development Support
- Conduct desk research on expansion countries, and potential partners and allies.
- Contribute to material creation for expansion portfolio, including strategy documents, profiles, presentations, and regular updates on progress and success.
- Support the development of tools and support tracking and management system for new partner identification and engagement processes.
- Assist in developing and managing new partner or ally onboarding and organizational development initiatives.
- Generate summaries of relevant research, activities, and other materials that support expansion efforts.
- Support the development of compelling internal and external communication materials that highlight collective reach and impact of expansion priorities and partners.
Foundation Prospecting, Tracking, and Stewardship
- Conduct preliminary research on foundation prospects.
- Create prospect profiles, briefs, and background documents for current or prospective donor outreach; identifying and aligning ACTION’s strategic priorities with prospective donors.
- Support stewardship activities to ensure a high-level of donor management.
- Support the development and editing processes for donor related communications.
- Assist in coordinating mailings, meetings, and calls with foundation partners.
- Support logistics, development of schedules and agendas, and creation of materials and documents for meetings, trainings, events, and other outreach activities.
- Assist in scheduling, reporting, and follow-up items from meetings and activities.
- Support overall initiatives of the team as needed and as assigned.
This list is not exhaustive and may be revised/revisited periodically. Time allocations above are estimates and may change based on funding as well as new business opportunities.
- Interest in a related discipline (e.g. international program development, fundraising) and one to two years of experience in the non-profit sector.
- Interest in global health and poverty alleviation, international development, and advocacy (experience working within an advocacy organization a plus).
- Ability to work effectively across cultures, time zones, and work styles (experience working internationally, particularly in a developing country, or within an international network or secretariat is a plus).
- Exceptional communication skills, including writing and editing; ability to develop and present material in a compelling fashion; skill in efficiently presenting information in a variety of formats.
- Strong organizational and planning skills; meticulous attention to detail; resourceful problem-solving; capacity to balance multiple projects; ability to take initiative and coordinate across various teams and time zones to drive initiatives forward.
- Comfortable working with and meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs required.
- Readiness to become proficient using a donor/relational database and tools.
- Self-motivated, strategic, creative, and able to work comfortably both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to manage-up and across teams to meet deadlines and drive priorities forward.
Key measures of success
- Notes and next steps from relevant meetings are diligently tracked, executed across teams, and met.
- New funding opportunities are adequately researched and outreach supported and coordinated across teams and partners.
- Outreach opportunities are identified with current and potential donors as well as potential partners through the engagement of Directors, program teams, and partner’s attendance at meetings and events.
- Research and mapping of expansion countries, partners, and allies is completed, regularly updated, and shared with relevant teams in a timely, strategic manner.
- International travel by other teams or partners are supported and leveraged to push expansion and development priorities.
- The partnership is supported in the new partner identification and onboarding processes.
- Meetings (internal and external), calls, events, and travel are supported with specific and timely follow-up on action items.
- Final materials are filed in a timely, organized manner and team materials are shared as appropriate with relevant partners.
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
Strong writing and verbal skills in English (additional language skills in Japanese, French, and/or Spanish a plus).
PROFESSIONAL LEVEL: Entry level
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: No requirement
JOB TYPE: Part-Time
START DATE: 04/30/2018
How to apply:
Applications will be reviewed as they arrive, and interviews with qualified candidates will be scheduled immediately. Please send cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to [email protected]. "Assistant, Program Development" must appear in the Subject: line of your email
RESULTS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, disability, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, or sexual orientation. For more information about RESULTS, please visit our website at www.results.org
Duties listed are subject to change based on interest and organizational needs. This internship is unpaid and requires at least a 3 day/week commitment for 2.5 months or more.
#1: Collaborate on strategic planning for both legislative strategy and grassroots expansion of RESULTS in the U.S.
- Participate in weekly Domestic team meetings and help strategize on our U.S. Poverty Campaigns. This may include message development, grassroots expansion planning, and legislative/advocacy planning.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and other staff gatherings.
- Attend briefings, conferences, and other meetings on behalf of RESULTS and providing the domestic team with notes and recommended strategies from such meetings.
- Set up lobby meetings with members of the intern’s congressional delegation to urge action on our campaigns, and perhaps with other Hill offices where RESULTS has a presence in the district/state.
#2: Provide support to RESULTS volunteers via existing system of conference calls, weekly action alerts, and e-mail newsletters. Activities may include:
- Write and edit U.S. Poverty Weekly Updates, Domestic Outreach Actions and Monthly Actions, U.S. Poverty Campaigns background webpages, action alerts, blogposts, and other written communications.
- Provide materials requested by RESULTS volunteers to assist them in their campaign work.
- Assist in planning and producing monthly conference calls (second Saturday of every month).
- Participate in occasional evening training calls with our grassroots network.
- Possible participation in generating media coverage that is supportive of our campaigns. This may include submitting letters-to-the-editor and opinion pieces, helping plan and organize issue-specific conference calls for editorial writers and other journalists, writing and editing background materials for media campaigns, contacting media outlets and providing them with necessary information, as well as supporting RESULTS volunteers in their efforts to generate local media.
How to apply:
Applications will be reviewed as they arrive, and interviews with qualified candidates will be scheduled immediately. Please send cover letter, resume, two writing samples of any length, and your availability (days and times) to [email protected].
RESULTS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, disability, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, or sexual orientation. For more information about RESULTS, please visit our website at www.results.org.