Jobs and Internships
Senior Associate, Stop TB Partnership & Global Fund
U.S. Anti-Poverty Campaigns Intern
Reporting directly to the Executive Director (“ED”), this position supports the ED both in her capacity as Vice Chair of the Stop TB Partnership Board (“STBP”) and as a member of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (“Global Fund”) Developed Country NGO Delegation.
The Senior Associate will act as the ED’s primary liaison, supporting her roles in and ensuring timely and clear communication with these two organizations. The Senior Associate will also assist the ED with policy analysis and implementation of STBP Board and Global Fund Delegation priorities.
- Serves as the primary point-of-contact for the Vice Chair in relations with the Chair, Board stakeholders, and key partners
- Develops and maintains an effective working relationship with STBP Secretariat staff to increase understanding of issues, policies and procedures thereby enabling the flow of accurate information between the Chair, Vice Chair, Board Committees and partners.
- Works with the STBP Secretariat to manage Board operations, such as:
- Managing monthly Executive Committee calls;
- Developing of Board agendas;
- Approving minutes from Executive Committee Calls;
- Assembling Board materials, which includes developing Decision Points and background;
- Preparing the Vice Chair for Board meetings by creating briefing materials and talking points/remarks;
- Providing logistical and practical support during the Board Meetings;
- Accompanying the Executive Director to Board meetings;
- Acting as a backstop on governance issues before the Board.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for the Executive Director for all interactions with the Global Fund Developed Country NGO Delegation.
- Provides effective communications and orchestrates active participation for the Executive Director at Delegations meetings, teleconferences, Board meetings, and other Global Fund forums.
- Maintains detailed understanding of Global Fund strategy, policy and governance issues to enable provision of advisory support to the Executive Director.
- Supports the Global Fund Developed Country NGO Delegation with the development of policy summaries, position papers, etc.
- Supports engagement of ACTION partners with the Stop TB Partnership and the Global Fund’s Developed Country NGO Delegation.
- Provides support to the Executive Director on representational visits/meetings with decision makers including development briefings, talking points/remarks, liaising with stakeholders, and follow-up.
- Knowledge of Board governance and protocols.
- High competence in oral and written communication, with excellent editing/proofing skills.
- Ability to analyze complex policy documents and compose policy summaries.
- Experience in networking and building partnerships.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to organize work efficiently, and provide a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to represent the Executive Director before diverse audiences.
- Ability to monitor and track diverse activities; work independently under stringent deadlines; handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally up to 25% of the time.
- Knowledge of global health policies and partners.
- Skilled in operation of current computer software packages, related software applications and office equipment.
Comprehensive package incl: employer-funded health/dental/vision; life/disability insurance; retirement, and health care/dependent care/transportation flex spending
RESULTS is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, or any other protected status.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be reviewed as they arrive, and interviews with qualified candidates will be scheduled immediately. Please send cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to [email protected], and be sure to include “Senior Associate, Stop TB Partnership & Global Fund” in the Subject: line of your email.
Duties listed are subject to change based on interest and organizational needs. This internship is unpaid and requires at least a 3 day/week commitment for 2.5 months or more.
#1: Collaborate on strategic planning for both legislative strategy and grassroots expansion of RESULTS in the U.S.
- Participate in weekly Domestic team meetings and help strategize on our U.S. Poverty Campaigns. This may include message development, grassroots expansion planning, and legislative/advocacy planning.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and other staff gatherings.
- Attend briefings, conferences, and other meetings on behalf of RESULTS and providing the domestic team with notes and recommended strategies from such meetings.
- Set up lobby meetings with members of the intern’s congressional delegation to urge action on our campaigns, and perhaps with other Hill offices where RESULTS has a presence in the district/state.
#2: Provide support to RESULTS volunteers via existing system of conference calls, weekly action alerts, and e-mail newsletters. Activities may include:
- Write and edit U.S. Poverty Weekly Updates, Domestic Outreach Actions and Monthly Actions, U.S. Poverty Campaigns background webpages, action alerts, blogposts, and other written communications.
- Provide materials requested by RESULTS volunteers to assist them in their campaign work.
- Assist in planning and producing monthly conference calls (second Saturday of every month).
- Participate in occasional evening training calls with our grassroots network.
- Possible participation in generating media coverage that is supportive of our campaigns. This may include submitting letters-to-the-editor and opinion pieces, helping plan and organize issue-specific conference calls for editorial writers and other journalists, writing and editing background materials for media campaigns, contacting media outlets and providing them with necessary information, as well as supporting RESULTS volunteers in their efforts to generate local media.
How to apply:
Please send cover letter, resume, two writing samples of any length, and your availability (days and times) to [email protected].
Applicants will be accepted on a rolling basis thus early submission is encouraged. RESULTS Educational Fund is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, age, religion, handicap, gender, or sexual orientation.