Working with the Community
Thinking about starting a RESULTS group in your community? Or just want to get the word out about RESULTS’ issues? Learn how to talk about your issues locally, and how to build a coalition where you live!
Milestones for Working with Your Community
Host a Table in your Community to Share the Word about RESULTS.
Organize a Letter-Writing Meeting in Your Community.
- Speak to a Local Community Group about RESULTS and/or One of Our Issues.
Train a Local Community Group in Advocacy.
Host a Successful Outreach Meeting to Engage New Activists.
Create, Manage, and Activate a Community Action Network of Grassroots and Grasstops Activists.
- Organize an Educational Site Visit to Communities Affected by Poverty.
- Organize a Monthly Letter-Writing Meeting in Your Community.
- Conduct a Friends and Family Fundraising Campaign.
- Organize a RESULTS Fundraiser.
- Build a Coalition of Community Allies.
- Organize a Community Forum on a RESULTS Issue.
See our complete Activist Milestones Toolkit for a comprehensive guide to actions you can take to challenge yourself and make a difference.