Jobs and Internships
There are no openings at this time.
U.S. Anti-Poverty Campaigns Intern
Duties listed are subject to change based on interest and organizational needs. This internship is unpaid and requires at least a 3 day/week commitment for 2.5 months or more.
#1: Collaborate on strategic planning for both legislative strategy and grassroots expansion of RESULTS in the U.S.
- Participate in weekly Domestic team meetings and help strategize on our U.S. Poverty Campaigns. This may include message development, grassroots expansion planning, and legislative/advocacy planning.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and other staff gatherings.
- Attend briefings, conferences, and other meetings on behalf of RESULTS and providing the domestic team with notes and recommended strategies from such meetings.
- Set up lobby meetings with members of the intern’s congressional delegation to urge action on our campaigns, and perhaps with other Hill offices where RESULTS has a presence in the district/state.
#2: Provide support to RESULTS volunteers via existing system of conference calls, weekly action alerts, and e-mail newsletters. Activities may include:
- Write and edit U.S. Poverty Weekly Updates, Domestic Outreach Actions and Monthly Actions, U.S. Poverty Campaigns background webpages, action alerts, blogposts, and other written communications.
- Provide materials requested by RESULTS volunteers to assist them in their campaign work.
- Assist in planning and producing monthly conference calls (second Saturday of every month).
- Participate in occasional evening training calls with our grassroots network.
- Possible participation in generating media coverage that is supportive of our campaigns. This may include submitting letters-to-the-editor and opinion pieces, helping plan and organize issue-specific conference calls for editorial writers and other journalists, writing and editing background materials for media campaigns, contacting media outlets and providing them with necessary information, as well as supporting RESULTS volunteers in their efforts to generate local media.
How to apply:
Applications will be reviewed as they arrive, and interviews with qualified candidates will be scheduled immediately. Please send cover letter, resume, two writing samples of any length, and your availability (days and times) to [email protected].
RESULTS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, disability, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, or sexual orientation. For more information about RESULTS, please visit our website at www.results.org.