Training Module 3
RESULTS Group Leader Training
The Acclimate-Basic Training module will deepen your understanding of your accountabilities as a Group Leader and the processes that support your success and get you started in your Group Leader role.
Your Learning Objectives:
- Envision how you want to serve as a Group Leader
- Be able to articulate why volunteering as a Group Leader with RESULTS is important to you
- Deepen your understanding of the Group Leader role and how pivotal it is to both your group and overall RESULTS success
- Understand the roles of an advocate and the journey of engagement
- Experience a well run group meeting and identify successful techniques
Your Learning Sequence:
- Overview of Learning Plan
- Write down your vision and goals for your work as a group leader and save, along with your Individual Planning Form, to maintain focus on the big picture while taking specific actions
- Review "You Aren't Dangerous Until You Can Speak Powerfully" and start building your own public narrative. Consider the following:
- What is most meaningful to you about being able to support RESULTS? What inspires you?
- How does being a Group Leader help you become the person you want to become in the world?
- Prepare to observe a group meeting
- Review these resources and prepare your own group leadership approach for creating consistent success
- Attend and observe a well run group meeting
- Notice successful techniques you can use
- Think through an observation plan and any questions you have
- Note down any techniques you can use and discussion points for your weekly region meetings
- Participate in weekly regional Group Leader calls led by your Regional Coordinator. (RESULTS staff will work to connect you with your Regional Coordinator.)
- Talk to your Regional Coordinator about particpating in a Group Leader Training.