"RESULTS is a breeding ground for agents of change. Its structure is an educational tool for ordinary people in our society who are bothered by the ever-growing rift between people and politics and want to reclaim their voices." - Justin Gaudian, RESULTS REAL Change Fellow
Just in time for First 100 Days planning, the January 14 National Grassroots Webinar for Global Groups at 2 pm ET! Login: https://www.fuzemeeting.com/fuze/f2988286/30204806. Or to join by phone only, dial (201) 479-4595, meeting ID 30204806.
To prepare: Print out the First 100 Days planning materials available online, take a look at the 2017 Grassroots Planning Calendar, and kick off the year in a big way!
Let's join together on the 14th. 2017 is going to be a massive time of challenge and opportunity. But we're up for it.
For this campaign, our goal is to have 100% of RESULTS groups and Free Agents meet face-to-face with their members of Congress or meet with local staff in person with participation by DC policy staff. Groups have already begun with their meetings - it's exciting!
1. Meet as a Group This Weekend and Use the First 100 Days Planning Materials to Get Started. Join the January 14 National Grassroots Webinar for Global Groups at 2 pm ET. Login: https://www.fuzemeeting.com/fuze/f2988286/30204806. Or to join by phone only, dial (201) 479-4595, meeting ID 30204806. To prepare, print out the First 100 Days planning materials available online, take a look at the 2017 Grassroots Planning Calendar, and kick off the year in a big way! Set a goal to have your First 100 Days Campaign plan completed by Inauguration Day, January 20.
2. Book Your First Meetings with Your Members of Congress. Use our January action sheet to bring your appropriations requests for FY18 to your members of Congress. Let us know of your planned member of Congress meetings through our online form. And prep for your meeting using top tips from our Activist Milestones.
3. Get set to attend your choices from a slate of webinars designed to deepen your learning on how to work with Congress and how to lead with action in your communities. These webinars will instruct, inspire, and empower you along the way.
- Building Relationships with Congressional Offices: How to Set Up Meetings, January 11, 9 pm ET. Join via computer: http://fuze.me/34116850. Join via phone: (201) 479-4595, meeting ID 34116850.
- Budget Overview and How We Influence the Process coaching recording: https://www.fuzemeeting.com/replay_meeting/68c3a948/8168918
- Other upcoming webinars: Building the Advocacy Pyramid in our Communities (January 18), Researching Members of Congress led by Allison Gallaher (January 19), Creating Champions in Congress led by RESULTS Founder Sam Daley-Harris (January 26), Mapping and Engaging Community Groups Powerfully with RESULTS Tools (February 1), Telling Our Stories of Self, Us, and Now to Engage Others (February 7), Creating Bi-Partisan Support for our Issues in our Communities: A Learning and Sharing Lab (March 15). For details, including information on how to join, go to our RESULTS Events Calendar.
4. Track your progress and celebrate your successes all along the way on our brand new First 100 Days tracker.
Extra credit: Take a listen to "After the Election: How to Talk About RESULTS." It's a new year. Have your friends been talking about what they can do now? We’ll talk through new messaging strategies for recruiting volunteers and getting new people to take action with RESULTS following the election. Take a listen to the recording of the recent webinar that covered this important topic. We even have sample social media posts and a sample op-ed for you to use. Watch this webinar; you'll discover new tools for moving people to action in this new political environment.
Let's make the First 100 Days something Congress will remember all year long! #First100Days #RESULTS100
Please Use the Reporting Forms Below to Catch Up on Your Advocacy Reporting for 2016. Add to the incredible number of achievements listed below!
In 2016 had at least 38 face-to-face Senate meetings, 97 face-to-face House meetings, and 407 House and Senate aide meetings. There are 81 global poverty groups covering 44 states (12 new groups in 2016). Plus, you achieved 281 letters to the editor, 43 op-eds, 11 editorials, 35 articles/radio/other. You've even done at least 96 outreach events and fundraisers. Fantastic!
How do you report any remaining activity? Check out these report forms.
Feeling a call to action? Join us in our nation's capital July 22-25, 2017 and we'll head to Capitol Hill together, because Congress needs to hear from YOU. The RESULTS International Conference is a chance to use your voice to change the world. Together we’ll spend three days hearing from leading experts, learning new skills, and meeting fellow advocates committed to the end of poverty. Then we’ll take our message straight to Capitol Hill. Registration is now open at earlybird rates!
January 11, 9 pm ET. First RESULTS Introductory Call of 2017. The perfect RESULTS primer. Contact us with any questions and RSVP for the call.
January 11, 9 pm ET. Building Relationships with Congressional Offices: How to Set Up Meetings. Join via computer: http://fuze.me/34116850. Join via phone: (201) 479-4595, meeting ID 34116850.
January 14, 2 pm ET. National Webinar/Conference Call for Grassroots. (Standard login/call-in lines) Login: https://www.fuzemeeting.com/fuze/f2988286/30204806. Or to join by phone only, dial (201) 479-4595, meeting ID 30204806. Use this date to also create your First 100 Days Campaign plan.
January 16. RESULTS Office closed. In observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
January 18, 9 pm ET. Building the Advocacy Pyramid in our Communities. Login: http://fuze.me/34116894. Or to join by phone only, dial (201) 479-4595, meeting ID 34116894.
January 19, 9 pm ET. Researching Members of Congress for Deeper Relationships led by Allison Gallaher. Login: http://fuze.me/34116874. Or to join by phone only, dial (201) 479-4595, meeting ID 34116874.
January 26, 9 pm ET. Creating Champions in Congress, featuring the founder of RESULTS, Sam Daley-Harris. Login: http://fuze.me/34116890. Or to join by phone: (201) 479-4595, meeting ID 34116890.
From Sam Daley-Harris: "It seems to happen all the time. I talk with a volunteer advocate from any organization and they say, 'My member of Congress is so _____________, I don't need to try to meet with him or her.' Say what? In this interactive webinar, I will lay out some basic concepts on creating champion in Congress and interview RESULTS volunteer leaders on how they moved their members of Congress up the champion scale. Then I will help participants determine where their members of Congress are on the champion scale and on how to move opponents to neutral, those who are neutral to supporter, supporters to advocates, advocates to leaders and spokespersons, and leaders and spokespersons to being champions on our issue. Join us to find out where your members of Congress are on the champion scale and how to move them to the next level.
July 22-25. RESULTS International Conference in Washington DC at the Washington Court Hotel. Registration is open!
Subscribe to the Weekly Update
Advocacy Resources (Weekly updates, action sheets, online action alerts, and more)
Global Poverty Campaigns Background
Global Grassroots Calendar
Report Your 2016 Actions - 2017 Forms Will Be Available Next Week
2015 & 2016 Global Congressional Scorecards (See global poverty actions your members of Congress have taken over the past few years.)
Contact the Grassroots Board Members of the RESULTS Board