Learn More: Resources for the Global Partnership for Education Replenishment Campaign
Need more information on how the Global Partnership for Education works, what is has accomplished, and how we're going to reach our campaign goal of the U.S. committing $250 million over two years at the Global Partnership's June pledging conference? From webinars to reports to one pagers, find everything right here:
- Webinar: RESULTS Global Grassroots Webinar with Alice Albright, CEO of the Global Partnership for Education (recorded March 8, 2014)
On March 8, RESULTS volunteers and partners from Australia, Canada, the UK, and U.S. gathered for a webinar with Alice Albright, CEO of the Global Partnership for Education. With the Global Partnership for Education pledging conference quickly approaching in June, this was a unique opportunity for volunteers to hear directly from the Global Partnership's leadership on what it has accomplished to date and what the organizations's plans are for the next four years.
- Webinar: Global Education Basics: Where are we now, and what's next? (recorded February 19, 2014)
This webinar sets the stage for our replenishment campaign work by reviewing progress to date toward global quality education, providing an overview of what the Global Partnership for Education is and how it operates, and discussing why investment in the Global Partnership is the best way to achieve education for all.
- Webinar: Global Partnership for Education Campaign Plan (recorded March 12, 2014)
This webinar delves into the details of RESULTS' Global Partnership replenishment campaign strategy, including tactics, activities, and a timeline to influence the U.S. government to commit $250 million over two years.
- RESULTS publication: Toward Collaborative Support to Global Education: A Review of the U.S. Pledge to the Global Partnership for Education
Released in November 2013, these three reports are the result of a pledge monitoring exercise conducted by RESULTS Educational Fund that took an in-depth look at the commitment that the United States made to the Global Partnership at its last pledging conference in November 2011. The exercise revealed findings which hold implications as to the role the United States must play in the upcoming pledging conference in June. Download all three reports and read a summary of the findings in a January 2014 blog post.
- Global Partnership for Education publication: 250 Million Reasons to Invest in Education: The Case for Investment
Launched on March 24, this piece outlines what the Global Partnership will accomplish if they reach $3.5 billion replenishment target at the June pledging conference. The Global Partnership also released a new videos explaining what they will do and how they will work toward their goal. All of their replenishment materials are posted on a new replenishment page on their website.
- Global Partnership for Education publication: How the Global Partnership for Education Adds Value
Read thirteen country case studies of how the Global Partnership for Education has made a difference in the education of children. This paper also describes achievements and remaining challenges for education in the poorest countries.
- Global Poverty Project: Video with Janet Muthoni-Ouko, Executive Director of Elimu Yetu Coalition in Kenya
Janet explains the imporatance of education and the role that civil society has played in moving their government closer to achieving free, qualtiy education for all, with support from the Global Partenership for Education. Watch the video and sign the petition!
- UNESCO Publication: 2013/14 Education for All Global Monitoring Report
The Education for All Global Monitoring Report is the world’s most comprehensive annual report documenting progress towards the Education for All goals. This edition focuses in on the teaching and learning crisis. Check out this blog post for highlights of this year's report and how they relate to the Global Partnership for Education.