Take Action Now
Sign up for Action Alerts
Fiscal Year 2015 (FY15) Global Campaign Goals
1. The Administration increased the FY12 Global Fund appropriation above Congress' mark of $1.05 billion to $1.3 billion.
2. The Administration increased the FY12 GAVI appropriation above Congress' mark of $100 million to $130 million.
3. House Foreign Operations Subcommittee Report: "The Committee supports United States participation in the Global Partnership for Education and has provided authority to USAID to make a contribution to the Partnership in fiscal year 2013." The Administration pledged $20 million to the GPE in FY12; they have not yet made public their intentions regarding a FY13 contribution. Funding for GPE is part of the Basic Education account, which received $800 million in FY12. While the President's FY13 request included only $573 for Basic Education, the FY13 continuing resolution increased Basic Education funding to $835.6 million.
4. This is the estimated, post-sequestration number for GAVI, as of January 2013.
5. Congress passed a continuing resolution (CR) on March 21, 2013, to fund the federal government for the remaining months of the 2013 fiscal year. The CR included a five percent across-the-board cut, known as sequestration, and additional 0.1 percent rescission on top of that. These numbers are estimated based on those cuts and may be updated as further details emerge.
6. This is an estimate and not yet confirmed.
8. This is the final, post-sequestration number for basic education, as of October 2013.