Jobs and Internships
There are no open positions at this time.
U.S. Anti-Poverty Campaigns Intern
Program Development and Expansion Intern – Summer 2017
Duties listed are subject to change based on interest and organizational needs. This internship is unpaid and requires at least a 3 day/week commitment for 2.5 months or more.
#1: Collaborate on strategic planning for both legislative strategy and grassroots expansion of RESULTS in the U.S.
- Participate in weekly Domestic team meetings and help strategize on our U.S. Poverty Campaigns. This may include message development, grassroots expansion planning, and legislative/advocacy planning.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and other staff gatherings.
- Attend briefings, conferences, and other meetings on behalf of RESULTS and providing the domestic team with notes and recommended strategies from such meetings.
- Set up lobby meetings with members of the intern’s congressional delegation to urge action on our campaigns, and perhaps with other Hill offices where RESULTS has a presence in the district/state.
#2: Provide support to RESULTS volunteers via existing system of conference calls, weekly action alerts, and e-mail newsletters. Activities may include:
- Write and edit U.S. Poverty Weekly Updates, Domestic Outreach Actions and Monthly Actions, U.S. Poverty Campaigns background webpages, action alerts, blogposts, and other written communications.
- Provide materials requested by RESULTS volunteers to assist them in their campaign work.
- Assist in planning and producing monthly conference calls (second Saturday of every month).
- Participate in occasional evening training calls with our grassroots network.
- Possible participation in generating media coverage that is supportive of our campaigns. This may include submitting letters-to-the-editor and opinion pieces, helping plan and organize issue-specific conference calls for editorial writers and other journalists, writing and editing background materials for media campaigns, contacting media outlets and providing them with necessary information, as well as supporting RESULTS volunteers in their efforts to generate local media.
How to apply:
Please send cover letter, resume, two writing samples of any length, and your availability (days and times) to [email protected].
Applicants will be accepted on a rolling basis thus early submission is encouraged. RESULTS Educational Fund is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, age, religion, handicap, gender, or sexual orientation.
RESULTS Educational Fund (REF) | ACTION Global Health Advocacy Partnership is seeking an enthusiastic Program Development and Expansion intern to begin May 2017. This is an unpaid position.
The Development and Expansion intern will assist Development and Expansion staff with a variety of duties, including those listed below. Duties listed are subject to change based on interest and organizational needs:
Working directly with team staff to support overall project needs.
Preparing, updating, reviewing, and editing correspondence, reports, or other written materials.
Conducting research to identify foundations/ potential funders to advance program areas and assisting with development of grant proposals and progress reports.
Supporting various program development projects, and global expansion efforts.
Assisting with logistics and travel arrangements for events, conferences, and meetings, including preparation for the July 2017 International Conference.
Providing overall administrative support such as: phone coverage, photocopies and faxes, preparing envelopes for bulk and mass mailings, and setting up conference calls.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
This position is part-time (approx. 15–20 hours a week). Desired skills and qualifications include:
Experience and/or interest in international development/poverty issues.
A background in Public Administration, Development, Public Health, International Affairs, Business Management, or other related fields.
Experience and/or interest in grant writing or proposal development
Office experience desired, preferably in a non-profit setting on a team-oriented project.
Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks efficiently.
Strong writing, proofreading and editing skills, as well as attention to detail.
Strong knowledge and experience with all Microsoft Office applications.
Ability to clearly and effectively articulate ideas.
Personable and able to work well with others
Excellent follow-up, time management, and organizational skills.
To apply please send cover letter, resume, short writing sample (no more than 2 pages), and your availability for Summer 2017 (days and times) to [email protected]. All documents should be saved with your last name in the file name.
All internships are unpaid, though a Metro reimbursement will be provided.
Applicants will be accepted on a rolling basis thus early submission is encouraged. RESULTS Educational Fund is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, age, religion, handicap, gender, or sexual preference.